Friday, April 26, 2019

Spring-A-Ling Quilt


This is Patty's 2017 Designer Mystery BOM from the Fat Quarter Shop featuring fabric from the Spring-A-Ling Moda collection. I was very happy to hear she is keeping this quilt for herself and wanted it custom quilted.  Since it has a very traditional feel I had fun quilting it with a variety of feathers, curls, CC's, SID, cross hatching, stippling and loops.


I haven't quilted flowing feathers in awhile so really enjoyed that part and they fit in well in the setting triangles in the outer border.  


I used off white So Fine thread and Quilters Dream Blend batting.








Now I have to box it up and mail it back to Patty in Germany...that is always the hardest part, saying goodbye to these gorgeous quilts!


6 comments:

  1. This is so definitely a keeper, and from Germany and back again, it could well do a Road Show all on its own. Love the fabrics and a very detailed design, your feathered border is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, that feathered border is splendid! Wonderful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, is this unreal gorgeous!! Beautiful quilting, Kathy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. With you every post, your quilting just astounds me! Of course, the piecing for each one seems to be perfect, which must make it a bit easier for you. Thanks for sharing all the beautiful quilts you have a part in. ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all that you did to my cheery quilt! As this Mystery quilt progressed, I fell in love with it more and more; it made me happy. Now your machine quilting takes it to another level. Thank you so much for your creative eye that can see the possibilities! Thank you, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowzer !!!! Quilt wise and quilting wise. Just awesome

    ReplyDelete