Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Dwirling

Hope I spelt that right!   Quite a few months ago Lori lent me the Pajama Quilter book/DVD by Dawn Ramirez. It is excellent and I am now addicted to Dwirling.  This is a great quilting pattern for any quilter....beginner to experienced and is a lot of fun.  I just made two more batik tote bags...they are for my brother-in-law and his fiancee wedding social, they are looking for door prize/draw items.  I am more than happy to make them a few bags.  I just pinned the batting to my longarm frame then pinned the batik 9patch on top and dwirled away.  I then line the bag after it is quilted, that is why these was no backing on the frame.  I also made placemats awhile ago with the dwirling design too. 
Hey... did you notice that I was the weiner.....I mean winner of Pieceful Kwilters contest the other day!!  Go check out her blog and go back a post or two to see my other talents...LOL!  I won a handmade quilted pouch bag made by Shannon so that is very exciting as she is such a talented quilter, I really enjoy her blog.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much Kathy for the two gorgeous totes you donated for our social! Many eyes were oogling them. They are too well made to be called "tote bags". Much appreciated! Thank you.

    Sarah & Todd XXX

    ReplyDelete