Thursday, June 24, 2010

Forest Fires

This is what I woke up to this morning.  The local fires are getting dangerously close to the town of Cranberry Portage...8km was the number last night.  We are 30 km from Cranberry but I can't help worry about my friends near the fires.  The town is on voluntary evacuation so I have a friend and her daughter staying with me as her husband is a volunteer fire fighter and wanted them out of the town.   I hope she will beable to return to her brand new home in a few days and have all this behind her.  It has been a scary and stressful time for a lot of people around here.
Here are a few pictures I took Tuesday night of the smoke clouds from the Scenic Tower at Bakers Narrow Provincial Park.


2 comments:

  1. I had no idea that the forest fire was this close to home. I too woke up to a lot of smoke at my home near Denare Beach. There isn't much local news on what is happening with the control of the fire but I do see the helicopters with their water bags leaving near our home early morning and returning late evening. My heart goes out to those closest to the fire and pray that it may be contained soon. G

    ReplyDelete
  2. My prayers are with you and your family and friends. Fires are always a scary entity, more so when they are so close to home. God be with you all for a quick resolution!

    ReplyDelete