Monday, May 18, 2015

Paris Flea Market Find Quilt

gc3

This week I have been working on a very large quilt and it belongs to my client Gail.  It is the largest quilt I have done on my machine and I don’t think I can take any larger as the backing fabric was the length of my canvas leaders!    The pattern is called Paris Flea Market Find and she made the 109” x109” King size.    Gail pieced her quilt in beautiful shades of red with black and white accents.  I used Quilters Dream Blend batting and free hand quilted all the feather motifs and CC’s.  The outer border is a simple Piano key design so to not take away from the bold printed border fabric.

gc9gc1gc4gc5

The borders are 8” wide and I love the corner blocks she added.  I quilted simple loops in the inner border as they worked well around the points of the stars.

gc7

It as been very windy and cool here this week so I was very happy to wake up to a calm sunny day!  Just loved the cloud patterns in the sky this afternoon so had to get a shot of those too!  

gc10

5 comments: