Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Lug Nuts Sew Along


I'm excited to share this quilt with you!   My friend Missy who owns Up North Quilt Shop in International Falls, MN is having a Lug Nuts Sew Along at her shop and it kicks off this Saturday. Check out her Facebook page for more details!  I quilted her shop sample and it is made with Timeless Treasures Tonga Batiks Sumatra line! Love the mix of beige, gold and dark brown/black, so rich looking.  She has kits made up in this line but you can also pick your own colours to make this quilt.  I'll be there and happy to give my opinion on fabric selections if asked!  I can't count how many times I've been in a fabric shop and find myself helping other quilters pick fabrics for their projects when I see them looking overwhelmed.  That is one of my favorite parts of quilting ...shopping for the fabric!


I quilted this sample with the Fascination pantograph, used beige So Fine thread and Quilters Dream Blend batting.   Its hard to see the quilting as the sun hasn't been seen here in a few weeks. I got tired of waiting but the resulting photos are very true to the colours of the fabrics. 






I put together a few collages to show how great our Highway 10 Design pattern looks in so many colour ways for inspiration for the event.







No comments:

Post a Comment