Sunday, February 2, 2020

Queen of We'en Quilt


Shelly made this fabulous Halloween quilt out of a few sets of panels she had collected over the years.   It is a two sided quilt and I am sharing the back side first as she said it was her favorite side!  I did a bit of research and found out this Skeleton panel is from Riley Black and is called Costume Maker.  All of the panels in this quilt were designed by Janet Wecker-Frisch (in case you want to search for it online!).


I knew as soon as I saw this quilt that I wanted to quilt it with the Gossamer panto as it looks like spider webs. I used orange So Fine thread and Quilters Dream Blend batting.


Here is the front and now you know why I chose orange for the thread colour.  It also shows up nicely on the black and white fabric without over powering the prints. These panels are by Quilting Treasures and the collection is called Queen of We'en.





3 comments:

  1. Wow, what fascinating panels, and super quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE it!!! Halloween is my favorite holiday. Shelly has fantastic taste, the quilting choice is perfect as is the orange thread. Perfect, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The perfect Hallowe'en quilt. In every way.

    ReplyDelete