Friday, April 17, 2020

Periwinkle Quilt


Bev made this stunning Periwinkle quilt, pattern by Missouri Star Quilt Co.  She used a Christmas themed line of fabric called 'Overnight Delivery" by Sweetwater from Moda Fabrics.   The Santa fabric in the outer border with the plaid inner border was a great finishing touch!


I quilted Beadboard in the outer border in Black So Fine thread and continuous curves in the star design using an off white So Fine thread. 


 I created a star template using my EQ8 program to use in the center of the black background and then pebbled around it.  I found the same block in the EQ8 block library and drew in the star so the points matched up with the seam lines.  I like to use the seams as design guides as much as possible when I custom quilt. I then printed it out, stitched holes in the paper using my sewing machine and then used my Pounce chalk to mark it on the quilt top.





As you can see our snow is all gone but it is still cool and windy.  I'm patiently waiting for spring to arrive but so nice to see the sunshine!





4 comments:

  1. Great job on your quilting, Kathy, especially the star and how you made the pebbles around it!! Periwinkle has been on my to do list for quite a while...along with about 100 others! lol. Its been cool here too and today is supposed to be warmer. Bring it on!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I love the way Bev used black as the background. So striking!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that pattern and I love your color choices!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Against a blue sky, a stunning quilt and super choice for the black. Love the way you did the star, a whole lot of extra detail there, making it a winner.

    ReplyDelete