Monday, November 30, 2020

Labyrinth Walk Quilt #4


Patti made this lovely Labyrinth Walk quilt, a pattern by The Guilty Quilter.  She used all batik fabrics and I love the shades of purple against the black background.  Patti asked for it to be custom quilted like the other ones I have done so that saved me time on the planning stage.


I quilted the light purple area with pebbles, the dark purple with water meander and all the seams are SID.  I did a diagonal lines in the outer border that kept with the angles at the two corners.



The backing was a lovely grey Grunge fabric.  I used 4 different So Fine thread colours on top ( white, black, light purple and dark purple) and two Bottom Line colours on the back ( black in border only and light purple for the rest).



The river is trying to freeze but it will probably be a few more weeks until that happens.


5 comments:

  1. I just love following the trails in that beautiful quilt! The colors are indeed beautiful, and so is your quilting! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt and quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...what an impressive looking quilt! Your quilting looks great on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally awesome! Beautiful quilt and quilting. Wish I could clone your skills into my body!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful quilt! I love the serpentine quilting. Do you think it would work on a domestic machine ? I like the idea even if the lines weren’t even.

    ReplyDelete