Saturday, November 28, 2020

Washboard Road in Juniper


I just love this Christmas fabric from Kate & Birdie for Moda called Juniper!  I purchased a jelly roll and border fabric from Road 17N this fall and thought I would make a great Highway 10 Designs Washboard Road sample.  I finished this quilt a few weeks ago and have been waiting for more snow but I finally gave up on that and took it for a photoshoot today.


Found a great new spot to take picture along Barwick Rd. There is a property that has an old  homestead set up for display and I used that for the backdrop.  I was happy to be greeted by the property owner who had no problem with me taking quilt photos here.  I then get a text from a friend who lives near this property that she heard I was in the neighborhood taking quilt pictures! Wonder how she knew it was me?  LOL!  

I quilted this one with Snow Winds pantograph, used white So Fine thread and used Quilters Dream Blend batting.




We also went for a drive up to the lakes to see if the ice has formed. It was just starting up along the edges, it has been quite warm for this time of year. Today it was +5'c.




 
 

4 comments:

  1. Lovely colours for photos by the old wood, sets it off so well, you'll be sure to get more snow soon .

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely quilt and your scenery makes me wish I could travel again!

    ReplyDelete