Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Brave Enough to Dream Quarter Sections Quilt


Now that I'm on my Christmas break I have been playing with a fun fat quarter bundle I purchased from Keystone Modern Creative called Brave Enough to Dream by Dear Stella.  I feel in love with this line because of its northern theme and polar bears.  I added a few brown blender fabrics to the bundle to make it 12 fat quarters and I pieced 3 baby Quarter Sections quilts with the 36 blocks made. 


I made 2 of these quilt using two layers of Dream poly batting and navy Cuddle backing.  I used white So Fine thread and Snow Winds for the pantograph.



The snow was falling pretty heavy as I was taking these photos so I found myself getting distracted from the task on hand and starting taking snowflake photos on the Cuddle backing!



Last week when I finished the first of these three quilts I took it out to Rainy Lake for pictures as I heard the lake had frozen over with very little snow on it. There were a lot of great ice formations along the shoreline.  For this quilt I used one layer of Quilters Dream Blend batting and used a white snowflake backing.  


I didn't walk out there as the ice was only 2 inches thick so I stayed close to shore. This is the view looking west on Rainy Lake toward the causeway near Fort Frances.


And here is what the Rainy River in Emo looks like right now.


1 comment: