Sunday, December 6, 2020

Washboard Road in Batiks


I made a second sample of our Highway 10 Designs Washboard Road quilt and this time used batiks fabrics.  I had two blue batik jelly rolls in my stash and pulled out my favorite blues from those two strip bundles to make this quilt, The first roll was called Fade Blue Jeans by Island batik and the second was called Dot Dot Dot by Artisan Batiks.  I used an off white batik for the background and a blue batik for the border.  


I used an off white So Fine thread and Quilters Dream Blend batting.  It was a lovely foggy/frosty day here so that light actually worked for taking pictures of the true colours of this quilt.


I tried a new pantograph on this one called Serpentine and its not one I think I'll use again! Glad I tried it on my own quilt first as it is tricky to keep the lines perfectly smooth and even.   It is designed more for a computerized longarm and I am hand guided. However I do love how it looks on this quilt, I even lined up the highs with the points on the arrows pointing up and the lows on the points of the arrows pointing down.  




4 comments:

  1. It looks great. Can't wait to make this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning against the snowy background, and a great choice of colour and wavy quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful in blue. I bought the pattern the other day and will make it in blue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a hand guided long armed also. I've tried that Serpentine panto and I went cross eyed trying keep on the correct line! Okay for baby quilts but nothing any bigger! Love the blue batiks!

    ReplyDelete