Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Shelly's North Stars Quilt


Check out Shelly's fabulous North Stars Quilt, the pattern is by Elizabeth Hartman.  Shelly and her SIL Barb challenged each other in 2020 to work on a block a month and only use their scraps.  


We chose the Bora Bora pantograph for this one. I suggested a snowflake panto first but Shelly though a 'windy' design would be better.  I then went to check what I used on my North Stars quilts that I made this summer and sure enough I used Bora Bora on mine.  She was very pleased to hear that it was my original choice too! LOL!


I used light grey So Fine thread and Quilters Dream Blend batting.



So last night the Northern Lights were even more active than a few days ago so I was out with my camera until midnight enjoying the show.  First one taken from my driveway when the lights got very active.


Second one I walked down the street to get the street lights behind me and took a selfie using my tripod ( you can see its shadow). 

 
This is my favorite one from last night taken in my back yard.



6 comments:

  1. It's adorable! I'm a bit envious of her scrap basket, she's got some wonderful scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thanks for sharing the photos of the Northern Lights! They are all absolutely gorgeous! The quilt is darling too! Thanks again! Roxy in Hudson, WI

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great quilt. Also what a great idea challenging her friend to make a block a month using scraps. Great way to use them up. All the colours are so different...but seem to go together really nice. It must be amazing living where you can see those incredible northern lights. Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely quilt and I am so pleased you still get to see the Aurora. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice quilts! And the Northern Lights are amazing! I've only seen them once and would love to see them again. Your pictures are beautiful. Thanks for sharing. ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful quilt. This version far outweighs the original of the pattern. The colors are so nice and your quilting is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete