Saturday, March 20, 2021

Waxed Canvas Tote with Kismet!


This weekend I made myself another fabulous Ruby Waxed Canvas Tote, pattern by Fabriculous Quilt Shop and you can find it on their website!   I ordered the grey waxed canvas and Kismet fabric collection from Fabriculous as well at the leather handle and rivets!  I have lost count how many of these bags I have made and given away...or kept for myself. Its the bag I use every day, great for running to the mail or getting groceries.  Guess those are pretty much the only places I go these days!


I had purchased a few zippers and zipper pulls from a new Canadian online shop called Zipper Valley this fall and finally got to use my Baby Yoda pulls on the inside zipper pocket.


I also added an extra small pocket inside to throw my keys in so I don't have to dig for them in the bottom of the bag.

 

I have been busy quilting this week but its been too windy and the ground too soggy (as the snow has all melted) to get outdoor photos!  Hope to get some pictures done this coming week!

But I have had some success getting photos of the Trumpeter Swans that briefly stop in our area before flying north. This was something I wanted to photograph since I moved here but kept missing my opportunity.  Well this time I really lucked out and even captured a mating pair showing off their moves so to speak!  I'll share their 'after' mating dance here, they were very happy!





This is another pair that started hooking before they took off.



What I thought was a photo fail (that zoom lens was getting heavy) but turned out quite nice with the reflection. 


5 comments:

  1. Zoom lenses are extra heavy, Hugh had a shoulder support he used, and that seemed to help. What stunning captures, and another fab bag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos are always a joy. I look forward to them as much as to the quilts. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you for getting to see that, lucky us that you took such fabulous pictures!

    ReplyDelete