Monday, November 8, 2021

Lug Nuts in Love Always


This Lug Nuts is very different from many of the samples I have shown on my blog!  I asked my friend Wendy, who owns Fabriculous Quilt Shop (Brandon, MB), if she would like me to make a shop sample for her new store that had its Re-Location Grand Opening this weekend!  She decided on our Highway 10 Designs Lug Nuts pattern and a collection of Anna Maria Horner fabrics called Love Always.  This is one of her favorite collections in the shop and it is very much out of my usual colour palette. But I love to work out of my comfort zone and it turned out fabulous, she loves it!   



I quilted it with the Fascination pantograph, used purple So Fine thread and Dream Wool batting.  The wide backing is also from the Anna Maria Horner's 'Love Always' collection. 


Lori and I took it to Lower Fort Garry, just north of Winnipeg, to take pictures.


I was able to hand deliver it to her, binding done and all, as Lori and I drove to Brandon to help her with the Grand Opening.   Here are some pictures of the big event.


Wendy's husband George free hand painted the front windows, it was beautiful! And here is Wendy a few minute before opening getting the last of the signs up while the customers lined up outside waiting for door opening.


One thing that makes her shop so unique is she carries Fusion Mineral paint and has many painted furniture samples in the shop.



George made the sales counter out of old doors, so cool!



And this lovely Janome came home with me.  My Janome 6500 which I bought back in 2004 is being retired after years of great service.  This 6650 is a great replacement with a few new features.  It will be wrapped under the Christmas tree with my name on it! :)


And here is a peek at the Lug Nuts quilt hanging in her longarm area beside all the embroidery supplies.


We also bumped into Shelley from Ma Tante Quilting as she lives close by!  She took a great photo of us all together and shared on Instagram! :)



6 comments:

  1. Deliciously gorgeous, the quilt, and the shop grand opening. Oh, to be there and brows, and then fly home with a suitcase or two filled/crammed full of goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quilts pattern and the colour choice. So vibrant and very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brandon isn't that far from me so the next time you're down, I could come for a visit and maybe buy some fabric at the same time!! It looks like a great store.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful…colourful quilt! Fits right in her store. Speaking of stores…what a Beauty of a store! Would love to visit (several provinces away though,😩) love the windmill quilt. Best wishes on your storeπŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ‘πŸ‘

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forgot to mention….Oh that Chair!! Drool, droolπŸ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can hardly wait to visit Fabriculous. I went there every time I got up to Swan River so now it is 4 hours closer.
    I look forward to seeing the eye popping lug nuts quilt.

    ReplyDelete