Friday, December 30, 2022

Looking Back at 2022


Well 2022 was definitely a year I branched out to try new things.   I discovered my love of embroidery again, actually I had only cross stitched before so crewel embroidery was new to me.   Dove right in and found some wonderful modern designers to purchase patterns from on Etsy.  Its important to me to support small businesses and the talent out there is amazing!




  Making sweary words pretty makes me happy!



Lori and I published our 16th pattern for Highway 10 Designs back in April.  This one is called Petal Junction.



I made a Sea Glass wall hanging.


In June made the Deco Quilt and had my friend Wendy quilt it for me on her computerized longarm.


I finished the Trending Quilt-Along quilt in July.


I put together my Queen Bee block swap quilt, I had asked for Butterfly blocks.


Made some more Ruby Waxed Canvas Totes.



Then with all the left over pieces of canvas I made 10 Norfolk pouches.  Sold 6 of them, gifted a few and kept this one for myself. 


Then made 6 Flipping Out pouches.  Sold 4 and kept 2 for myself. 


The Catch All Caddy was a challenge but the pattern was very well written.


I also made a Sewing Machine mat with the same batik fabrics. 


And my final finish of the year was the Embroidery Floral quilt. Think this is my favorite quilt made this year. 


And it matching cross stitch. 


This year was full of unexpected surprises for us.  In July Tim was let go of his job at the gold mine, (change in management) so we found ourselves testing the waters of retirement.  So far so good!   Had a great summer kayaking whenever the wind was calm!  He bought a laser cutter to keep himself busy and to learn something new. He might look for consulting work in the near future but our plans are to stay in Emo for the time being.  It is strange to think we can move anywhere now but have no idea where we want to move! So I'm looking forward to seeing what 2023 holds for us. 

Hope you all have a Healthy and Happy 2023!


1 comment:

  1. You certainly created many beautiful things last year. Good luck with whatever the future holds for both of you.

    ReplyDelete