Monday, May 3, 2010

What Inspires You?

What inspires your quilting designs?  That question came to mind when I was taking pictures of my quilt this morning.  This quilt is one I pieced about a month ago and quilted it this weekend.  I felt compelled to just quilt straight lines on this one giving it a modern feel.  And as I was trying to find the right location to take pictures the only place that felt right was on the dock.  
Then I took this next picture and that is when I thought....could have this been my inspiration for this quilt?   Hummm...we have been working hard to get the new dock built!  One never knows where inspirations might come from.
Anyway I am really happy with how it turned out no matter what possessed me to just quilt straight lines.

Oh, I just received a shipment of new batting on Friday.   Two rolls of Quilters Dream Blend and one roll of Deluxe Cotton which I have not ordered before.  It is a 6oz batting ( Select Cotton that I have in the packages is only 4oz) and should have a nice loft when quilted. 


  1. Hey Kathy,

    First of all, love the quilt and the quilting is perfect! Secondly, I love Deluxe cotton! I don't find that it pulls apart like the select does. It is also great for a quilt with some waviness!

  2. Great to hear your happy with Deluxe cotton, I think my customers will like it too!

  3. Great Quilt Kathy...I love Monochromatics!!

    Best Wishes
    Kay in Scotland

  4. love your work; Im a new longarmer with a Millie too; I admire your feathers and your quilts; you are awesome. Merrie in MI


  5. If you fail it doesn't mean you are weak, you fail because there are things that are not meant for you or not meant to happen. Accept failures and take it as a challenge to become a better person. Visit my site for more information. Thank you and have a nice day.

  6. I am very happy to locate your website. I just wanted to thank you for the time you spent on this great article. I definitely enjoyed reading it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.