Saturday, May 1, 2010

E's and 3's

E's and 3's is the name of this background fill that I free-hand quilted on my clients baby quilt.  It can be quilted tiny, like in the signature quilt a few posts ago, or large for a great edge to edge design. 
I want to mention thread color here.  Since the quilt show I have had a few people ask me how I chose my thread colors for a quilt so thought I should include pictures of my threads with my posts.
When you first look at this quilt you probably think right away to use white.  White would be fine but I would only use white if I do not have any colorful threads that matched.
Since the backing fabric was this fun peachy floral I picked a peach thread for the bobbin.  Then I chose a light green for the top.  I could have used the peach on the top and it would have looked just as nice, I just prefered the green.

1 comment:

  1. I like your idea to include thread choices/options for your quilting. It widens the possibilities for our own decisions. I will be looking forward to this additonal aspect when I visit your site. A

    ReplyDelete