Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Success at Last!

WooHoo!!!   Today was a good dyeing day and I ended up with an even better color than I first dyed.  I couldn't believe all the colors that now show up and the only thing I did different was add more non-iodized
salt to the dye mix.  It really seems to separate the colors in the dye beautifully.  Now I just have to figure out how to quilt this one.   I see an edge to edge design...how do you think I should quilt this one? It maybe awhile before I get to it as the kids are now out of school, we have a family wedding on the weekend, and my husbands parents are celebrating their 50th Wedding Anniversary the week after.   So I'll be focus on family events the next couple of weeks.


  1. I like this one a lot. I hope you have made details notes on the recipe and procedure. I see future potential with this one! A

  2. Looking good!! Gives a different look to your top than the darkest blue did! The sand will blend in nice too! Enjoy your time with the family!! E

  3. Well Done, Kathy..but what happened to the dye variations in your header, they looked great too!

    Best Wishes
    Kay in Scotland

  4. I wanted to put a new header up but that turns out to be easier said than done! I need to take some new photos of my quilting so the logo shows better on the photo.