Friday, March 9, 2012

Cutting into the Stash!


I have been busy quilting but unfortunately can't share any photos right now as the quilts are gifts and we don't want to ruin anyone surprise :)  But I can share what I have been getting ready for a retreat I am going to in May.  I have two quilts all cut out and ready to go so all I have to do is sit and sew!! I'm having fun with Jenny's ruler and finally cutting into my bright batik stash.


Last night we had more Northern Lights but with the full Moon they were very hard to see.  Tim took some shots of my Shack while I was working in there last night.  You can see how bright the moon was by the light on the snow on the roof. We had all the lights off in the house and the light in the shack is just from my machine.

Looking south.

Now if you have a bizarre sense of humor like I do then you might find this cartoon funny. It made me laugh especially after looking at this photo showing the constellation of Orion in the sky. Made me wonder if Tim purposely aligned the trees this way in the shot :)

9 comments:

  1. Wooo, wooo, wooo - this is something I've been wanting to see for ages with Jenny's ruler - a quilt made with batiks - what pattern are you going with?
    I look forward to seeing it pull together - have fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those are some gorgeous fabrics!!! They will look sooooo good in the quick curve blocks!!

    I can't believe how bright the moon is. Cool photo. Apparently you could see the Northern Lights all the way down here the other morning, but it was a little too early for me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rofl at the cartoon. I love xkcd!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see what you're making with Jenny's ruler. Those fabrics are gorgeous. What pattern are you using?

    ReplyDelete
  5. well...to answer that, it's the Urban Abacus pattern and it's going to look awesome with those batiks! Are you doing the white for the background...and what are you using for the sashing?

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh..you've got two..Urban Candy?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not aware of that ruler, where can I find all about it...looks interesting.
    Now about Orion...who would've thought it wasn't a sword ;-)
    M

    ReplyDelete
  8. More great photos Kathy, what a beautiful place to live and clean air, wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful batiks! I make about 90% of my quilts with batiks. I can't wait to see your creation.

    ReplyDelete