Sunday, March 11, 2012

Just Takes Two -Part 5


I'm still keeping up with the Just Takes Two project and have just completed part 5.  The next set of instructions come out on Thursday and my goal is to be done each set of instructions before the next set come out.  This months as a bit trickier as the feather star block was template piecing not paper pieced. I have always wanted to make a feathers star and if it wasn't for that this block might have ended up in the garbage!  The instructions were good but the cutting instructions for one of the triangle pieces was too large and there were no trimming instructions. I had to wait until I was in the right frame of mind to figure it all out and once I was there it actually went together quite well once I figured out what to trim down.

4 comments:

  1. Your feathered star block looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how crisp and square the blocks look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see this quilt finished...It's so beautiful. I love the white with the solid colors. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty!!! The piecing looks perfect!!

    ReplyDelete