Sunday, March 18, 2012

Surprise Sampler



This is another one of Marg's quilts.  This one is called Surprise Sampler and was a Block of the Month from Periwinkles in Saskatoon. This was Marg's first quilt using batiks and she was quite pleased with how they were to sew with.


She asked for my Quilters Dream Wool and I used a brown Lava thread.


The panto is Tickle.


The backing was a nice tone on tone brown to show off the quilting. 


I got up early to take these pictures so that I could use the ice before it turned into a large puddle like it has been all week during the daytime.

5 comments:

  1. The quilt is lovely and your quiling is beautiful.

    I also love how you use the ice as your back drop. It is so much fun to wacth it change through the seasons as you lay different quilts on it.

    I am excited to watch it turn back into a lake for the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous final photo...glad you got up early for it! Another quilter hooked on batiks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful carpet and beautiful quilt
    Have a great week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure is pretty! I love the panto you used. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilting is gorgeous ... as is the quilt, of course :) I like your layout on the ice.

    ReplyDelete