Sunday, September 9, 2012

Transformation


I am keeping up with my Just Takes Two blocks, here are Sept 1st blocks.

I have a beautiful Lone Star quilt on my machine right now but it has presented me with a few challenges.  My client made this quilt in a class and told me it was the first quilt she ever made.  I couldn't imagine making a Lone Star quilt for my first quilt so I expected it to have a few issues. 

First I decided to float the top which I never normally do but it allows me to have better control of the top. 


I have also been quilting one handed so I can manipulate the fabric as I quilt with my other hand.  

I have to confess I am really enjoying this quilt and no longer have fears of making a few pleats or tucks when needed.   I am also feeling really good that I can help my client finished this quilt as she had it stored away for many years since she didn't have the confidence/experience to quilt it.  That is one of the things I love about my job, helping other finish their projects that they worked so hard to make.


I can hardly wait to finish this one and show my client. I think she will be pleasantly surprised with how her quilt top has be transformed!


7 comments:

  1. You are absolutely right...it is best that this quilt get done. It looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great Kathy. I had a "manipulator" last week & got too close to the hopping foot &lost a hunk of my finger!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, you have done a beautiful job, the feathers look gorgeous. I am sure that your client will love the quilt, hope to see pictures when you have finished.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that is looking amazing. Quilting sure does make the quilt. A quilt I stitched one recently had very "friendly" (waving) borders. I did alot of big stitch basting through those areas and amazingly they behaved well when I quilted them.
    I bet your client will be blown away when she sees her quilt
    Cheers
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kath! Yup, total transformation! How gorgeous, your client will love her quilt. I had to smile at the one-handed capabilities using your Bliss! I remember you saying your old rails would never allow you to do that. Yay! This quilt really deserved to be finished. I can hardly wait to see it when it's all done! Quilt On! ;-)

    ReplyDelete