Sunday, March 17, 2013

Wild Rose Cottage Quilt

lyn1

This is Lynette’s Wild Rose Cottage quilt and it was a Block of the Month project.    Lynette asked for moderately spaced quilting and I think I achieved that balance with just enough detail to give the quilt texture with some interesting elements.   She was very kind and said I didn’t have to SID around the fence but could do a meandering vine design so I did loops and a tiny flower which matches the print on the green fabric.   I did the bead board design in the outer border in a medium green thread.  I use to believe that you had to match the thread color to the background color when quilting on large print  fabrics but the green looked so much better than black. So that was a good reminder that there are really no hard fast rules when it comes to quilting  just guide lines and its best to go with your gut instinct!

lyn2

I used Quilters Dream Blend batting,  four different colors of So Fine on the top and off white Bottom Line on the backing.

lyn7lyn6lyn3

Lynette said I could play in the center block and I liked the idea of swirls in the sky but I tried not to repeat the same style of swirl to make it more random.   I kept wanting to do my 3’s and E’s but was able to get out of the habit and change up the direction.  I was also asked if I could quilt a dog in the grass, I love added personal touches like that to a quilt and think that turned out well.

lyn8lyn4lyn5

26 comments:

  1. Your quilting is amazing. How long does it take you to quilt a quilt like this one? You take wonderful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beautiful quilt...and your quilting is stunning

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the quilting, the dog was a very nice touch. Bye the way, you cost me money LOL. I had to buy the circle rulers and the Invisafil thread. Please keep posting those great finds of yours, they may cost me but they are fantastic tools!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful quilt! not my usual preference but I really like it. Have to save it for my inspiration folder. Love the quilted dog, what a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, it's so pretty. :) Kathy, this is just perfect - exactly what I was looking for on this one. That in one terrific dog, too. Scott will be so happy. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. So nice! I love the dog in the grass! I think the quilting was perfect for this quilt, and it brought it all to life without being too much. Your customer will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilting is beautiful and fits perfectly to the patchwork pattern. The dog is just cute.
    Saskia

    ReplyDelete
  8. So wonderful quilting.

    Greetings Grit

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so pretty.
    I see your "photoshop" ice is holding😊

    Cheers

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kathy: What an amazingly wonderful job you did on Lynette's quilt. Wow! The detail really defines this quilt. Did you free-hand the dog? I like the way you quilted the grass knoll (centre block). How long did it take you to develop the quilting ideas before you started? You do such beautiful work! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Безупречно! как всегда!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sew fun to see this quilt since I am a reader of Lynette's blog too! Of course the dog is my favorite detail. Very lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's lovely. Your quilting is so graceful and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm sure Lynette will be thrilled. You did a lovely job with the detail, but not overkill. Very sweet quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is absolutely spectacular, I have to find that pattern! Off to google it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Purdy, purdy, purdy! Awesome work.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a beautiful quilt. It really speaks to me, calls my name. The colors chosen are all perfect, and the quilting was obviously well thought out and carefully executed. I'll probably dream about it tonight! ~karen

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is a beautiful quilt and your quilting certainly did it justice. I love the detail in the center, the dog was a great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, be still my heart! What a beautifully done piece!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice quilt, and fantastic quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Is this quilt kit still available.
    I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sharon - The Wild Rose Cottage quilt is Lynette's quilt not mine, I just quilted it for her. She said it was a Shop Hop project where you got a block at each shop so not a kit you can buy in one place. You can contact Lynette for more information, just clink on her name in my post and it will take you to her blog.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I like how you quilted Wild Rose Cottage. This was a Patchwork Party quilt. The blocks and fabric were designed by Marti Michell. There were 12 participating shops. Each shop had to come up with a design to put together the 12 blocks. Each shop sold 1 block of the quilt online. Your quilt Wild Rose Cottage is my design. I am the owner of Suzanne's Quilt Shop in Moultrie, GA

    ReplyDelete
  24. Replies
    1. It hasn't been available for a long time. This post is from 2013. If you read the comments above the Shop owner who designed the center block might be able to help you. Contact that shop.

      Delete