Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Quilt of Valour



This quilt is the North Star Quilt Guilds next Quilt of Valour that will be given to a wounded Canadian soldier. I feel this project is a wonderful way to let our soldiers know that we appreciate all they do and that they are in our thoughts. I offered to quilt all the QofV quilts for our guild free of charge as it is a project I want to support. The guild members have been making the leaf blocks for a few months now and they are a great way to use up your scraps. I haven't even made a dent in my scrap bin but if I keep digging into it each month it might eventually.
The panto is called Maple Syrup, it has a very Canadian feel so very appropriate for this project.

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful job you have done with the quilting of this quilt. I am pleased and proud to have also had a part in its creation. I am sure the recipient is going to feel our gratitude and appreciation in it's warmth.
    A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your longarm quilting skills shine through on this quilt and the recipient will feel the warmth of all quilters who contributed to its creation.
    G

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful job of piecing and quilting. It's just lovely and so Canadian. Is this a pattern that is supplied to the guild by QofV? I'd love to contribute to QofV by making a quilt like this one.

    ReplyDelete