Thursday, March 11, 2010

Project Linus

This week I finished my first Project Linus quilt that I will take to the Manitoba Chapter so the quilt will stay in the province.   For those of you not familiar with Project Linus it is a group run by volunteers that makes quilt for various charities in your province.  They donate the quilts to hospitals, ambulances, social services, fire departments, womens shelters, and Police services (child abuse unit) to just name a few.  Our Manitoba chapter is located in Balmoral, MB so it will be easy to drop off quilts to them when heading to Winnipeg.
So this is how I'm going to stashbust this next year.  I seem to have some fabrics that really are quite bright for my taste but hope this quilt would put a smile on a little girls face.   These quilts will be well quilted to as I plan to use them to practice free hand designs.  This probably wasn't the best quilt to try free form style quilting that I learnt in my Quilt Whisperer class but it was fun to do.  The quilting gets lost in all the bright fabrics, it would look fantastic on a solid color quilt. 

1 comment:

  1. A great idea, Kathy. I am thinking this might an inspiration for me to slash that stash. A very worthwhile cause to practise the free motion. Thank goodness you are up and running again. I think I was experiencing some anxiety these past few days. A

    ReplyDelete