Friday, December 24, 2010

My Winter Wonderland


For the last two days our northern forest has turned into this beautiful Winter Wonderland with all this frost and snow.   I have found trees with frost crystals 2 inches long just covering all the branches.  
I thought I would share a few of the pictures that I took today.


Just after taking the above picture a breeze started to knock off the crystals and as they fell they made this beautiful clinking sound.  I managed to get a shot as the frost crystals fell, it was like a mini blizzard.
 




I would like to wish all my readers a very Merry Christmas and a Healthy Happy New Year!

4 comments:

  1. A very merry Christmas to you and your family Kathy!
    The photos are pretty enough for postcards. C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merriest Christmas wishes to you and your family, Kathy! Beautiful pictures, but truly looks cold :) Hope you soon found you way into the woodstove and a hot cup of cocoa! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures Kathy! The whole trip home on Thursday was like driving through a winter wonderland. Every so often it would be like a mini blizzard along the side of the road, especially after we'd meet a semi!!Took some pictures but they didn't do justice to what my eyes were seeing! We do live in a marvelous paradise!!! E

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful photos, thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete