Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Warm Winter Blessings Quilt



Linda made this sweet Warm Winter Blessings quilt, which is a pattern by Primitive Gatherings.  The snowmen are wool machine applique with hand embroidery details.  I did light custom quilting by quilting feather swirls in the outer border, swirls in the inner border and SID in the sashing. I alternated the background quilting in the blocks with a stipple or a gentle vertical wavy lines. 


I used navy and beige So Fine thread and Quilters Dream 80/20.  Linda sent a lovely blue-grey Fireside for the backing. 





We had a 12 hour thunderstorm a few nights ago and measured 3 1/2” of rain.  Since we had such a dry summer my opportunities to take lightening photos were rare so enjoyed watching the storm with my camera in hand. 




2 comments:

  1. The cream and then the darker blue borders set off the blocks so well, love those swirls. Lightning, that is one perfect focus on the line, a bit like the artery on my angiogram picture!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute quilt. Beautiful quilting. Stunning picture!

    ReplyDelete