Thursday, September 9, 2021

Mineral Matrix #4


This is Gay's beautiful Mineral Matrix quilt which was a BOM from Up North Quilt Shop 3 years ago.  The pattern is by A Wing and a Prayer.  Gay brought a Hobbs 80/20 batting and I used a medium beige So Fine thread.  Pantograph design is called Taro which works wonderful on the botanical themed batiks.



My feathered fleece throw is a great accent as it is often thrown on my Mineral Matrix quilt.  If your curious how I make my fleece throws you can check out this old blog post


I was pretty surprised when I laid Gay's quilt on top of mine and realized how much mine has faded in 3 years from the sunlight!  But it happens so gradual and I still love mine! :)


So here is my latest Critter pictures from our kayaking adventure on Rainy Lake last weekend.  We spotted about 4 otters during this paddle and I was able to get a few shots of the baby otter running and hiding in the crevasses in the outcrops. He is hard to see as his fur blends so well into his surroundings.





4 comments:

  1. Love those fabrics together, I am guessing the pouffe/ottoman is yours, do you have a pattern for it? The new quilt with your quilting is so beautiful and would fit in any room, Hope it is on view every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For small grand kids your fleece throw would be perfect, could you share how you put it together?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely to see the otters. There is an excitement when you spot them in the wild. The quilts are both beautiful, faded or not. Cheers for the piccies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that quilt. I actually have it sitting in a plastic container…ready for me to start it whenever I get a burst of energy😆 I love your nature pictures. You must be a very good kayaker…I would be so scared of tipping and ruining my precious camera 🛶🛶🛶

    ReplyDelete