Friday, December 31, 2021

A Swap and A Round Robin


 Last day of the year and I'm trying to catch up on my blog posts.  Back in July I shared a post about the Queen Bee block swap I as in and showed the blocks I received.  I have the top together and put the butterfly blocks on an angle to give them more motion.  Its a small wall hanging as the blocks are only 5" square but not sure how I'm going to quilt it.

This year I was more involved in Swaps, Quilt Alongs and Round Robins than working on my own quilts!  They are a great way to stay connected with other quilters during this pandemic!

In September I started another Round Robin with Lori and our 
two friends in Australia (Desley and Monique).

Here were our first blocks from Round One. 

I started mine with the Mini Focus Freeway block, pattern by Sassafras Lane Designs.


Lori made this fun Geometric Sewing Machine block, pattern by Quiet Play.


Desley made this Star block with a twist to it!


And Monique made this great Lone Star block which she offset and chopped!!!


And here is our results from Round Two.

I received Lori block and the instructions for this round were to add 'Lines' with a very open interpretation.  So I added lines of flying geese to her block. 


Lori had my block and added the film strip effect to it!


Desley had Monique's block and added the chopped off pieces back on plus some diamonds and lines!


Monique had Desley's block and added inner borders and a star to one corner with wispy lines!


We are currently working on the 3rd round where the instruction is to add 'Curves'.  I'll share those results in February!

No comments:

Post a Comment