Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Ironing Table Repainted!

 

I have been pretty quiet on my blog lately as I take the month of December off from quilting for clients.  Haven't been doing much personal quilting but did have some fun repainting and recovering my ironing table that my husband made me back in 2017. You can see the original paint and fabric here


I recovered it with a beautiful Rifle Paper Linen called English Garden that Lori gave me for my birthday this year.


I used Homestead Blue Fusion Mineral paint that I picked up at Fabriculous when I was there in November.  It was amazing to work with and only took one coat to cover the old bright blue paint.

I have some fabrics picked out to make a Deco Quilt that I want to hang in my quilt studio. I used the colour from the Rifle Paper fabrics as inspiration.

I also picked up a new cabinet from IKEA so I can display my fabric stash.

I put my Featherweight up on top to finish off the display!  Now I just need to find a new white open cabinet to replace my brown bookshelf to the left that I like to store my quilts on.


Yes, that is pretty much my stash! The drawers have some pre-cuts as well as backing and backing remnants and larger cuts of neutrals. I do have one bin of fat quarters and one bin of hand dyed fabrics but that's about it.  I'm pretty good at turning my fabric purchases into quilts fairly quickly, you can easily see that by the stash of quilts I have around the house!  I would guess I have around 80 quilts scattered around the house in cabinets, on quilt ladders, in closets, in bins, on beds, on the couches... so I am more a hoarder of quilts than fabrics :)

3 comments:

  1. It's perfect. I think I would smile every time I turned on the iron

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a big stash for you! The ironing station looks just wonderbar! You two should go into business and sell them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The iron table redo turned out really nice. I like the new color and fabric.

    ReplyDelete