Thursday, June 2, 2022

Catching Up!


Time to catch up on my blog posts as I have had a busy May and took a week holiday.   This first quilt was made by Nyla and she used a few Art Gallery fabrics to make this sweet baby quilt.

 
I quilted it with the Pirouette pantograph, used off white So Fine thread and 80/20 batting. Nyla brought a pretty mint green Fireside for the backing.



I also quilted a similar quilt that Stacey made for her mom using pretty floral fabrics.  She requested a floral design so I chose Wildflowers.



She also brought a Fireside backing which always shows off the quilting nicely and feels so soft!

So another reason my blog as been so quiet is that the weather has been terrible!   Constant rain and strong winds, our area is dealing with flooding that has almost reach 1950's levels.  Thankfully we are on high ground but feel sorry for those having to sand bag around their homes and those on the lakes that have lost their docks.   I saw this next photo on Facebook and it shows the rising water around Mermaid rock on Rainy Lake.  We kayaked out there last year and I don't think we will be heading out into the water anytime soon.  So many trees, debris and docks drifting in the lakes. I haven't even starting planting flowers or my garden yet, everything is so wet.

No comments:

Post a Comment