Monday, January 21, 2013

Just Takes Two Quilt Top Done

JT2
Well after keeping up with the 12 months of instructions I can’t believe I stuck with it and finished the Just Takes Two Mystery Project.  I had a love/hate relationship with this project all year long but I’m glad Lori kept encouraging me to keep going.  It was the perfect project to use up my hand dyed samples and I focused mainly on my fabrics with bold and bright colours.  It’s definitely a bright quilt and not my usual style but that's what I love about quilting, trying new thing!!

JT1
Our guild had a UFO day on Saturday and I was able to borrow a design wall that just fit the quilt’s wide but not long enough for the length so it spilled over onto the floor.  It was good to get some input from other members as I moved the blocks around. The original plan for this project was a red and white quilt so when I laid out my blocks there were a few areas where the same colours were side by side….and you can’t have that so there was some shuffling that needed to be done!  :)
Its a good size quilt at about 74” x 96” and I added a 2 1/2” white border to secure all the blocks around the outer edge .   They gave a few border options but I didn't think it needed any more piecing.

JT3
My favorite block in the whole quilt is the light blue feathers star, I love that block.

JT5

21 comments:

  1. It is bright but a very interesting design. I can hardly wait to see how you quilt this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, really cute quilt, I love all the bright colors, and I'm sure they are even prettier in person. Your dyed fabrics are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. This quilt turned out so great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning, Kathy!!! It is a work of art. I LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whew! A lot of work, the block that looks like an Irish Knot loos the most difficult. I can't wait to see it quilted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That is amazing!! I cannot imagine how much time went into the piecing! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is an amazing, gorgeous, beautiful quilt! A masterpiece! Bravo!

    Cheery wave from

    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you used many colors instead of just two. Kudos for being able to rearrange the blocks and get it assembled to your own liking. It is Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful, I love everything about it. The variety of blocks, bright colors, now I am looking forward to see how you quilt it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That quilt is absolutely gorgeous!! I'm glad you stuck with it so that the rest of us could see it and drool over it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is most amazing. I love the colors and it looks great!! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH...wow!! This is sooo fantastic Kathy!! This one will be fun to quilt up..can't wait to see what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is fantastic, love your colourful bright version of the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the simplicity of the quilt. Not that is was simple to put together, but the solid colors really make it stand out. Any thoughts on how you are going to quilt it??? I can't wait to see it finished!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! That was a lot of piecing! Looks great:) How will you quilt it? Edge to edge or specialized design?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, what an amazing quilt! Love the colors and the piecing is amazing. I'll be interested to see how you quilt it.
    The blue feather star and the red pinwheels are my favorites.
    Laura T

    ReplyDelete
  17. Not being a fan of solids, at the start, this one was not tooting my horn but now that it is put together, it is inspiring! It is indeed a beautiful quilt and one to be treasured.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I absolutely love this quilt! I've been waiting to see it all together and it's even better than I thought. Nice job! Can't wait to see it all quilted up.

    ReplyDelete
  19. WHat a great quilt! So much work and your work is impecable! I can't wait to see it quilted! It is so pretty! It is so great to see quilts that you finish! I can't wait until the kids are older and I will have some more time to piece some of my own things!

    ReplyDelete