Saturday, December 27, 2014

Day Break Quilt in Batiks!

day5

I’m usually more productive in December when it comes to finishing my own quilt but this year I only had time for two finishes this month.  Here is my Day Break quilt, a Jaybird Designs pattern and I quilted it almost the same as the one I quilted for Lynn a few weeks ago here.    It was a nice coincidence that I received a quilt to quilt that I was also working on myself and that I could quilt them the same so I could have a sample of the quilting.  Sometimes when I create a quilting design I’m really happy with on a clients quilt and then return the quilt to its owner it can be bittersweet.   To work so hard on something and then have to give it back …but then again that’s my job and isn’t it that way it is with all the quilts we make as gifts!

day2

This quilt is made with all batik fabrics and was a kit from a quilt shop in Swan River, Manitoba called Fabriculous.  I’m getting ready to mail this quilt to the shop as it will be hanging there on display so I hope it helps sell kits!  When I get it back I think I’ll hang it in the Shack.

day8

day9

I used white So Fine thread on top and white Bottom Line in the bobbin.   Quilters Dream Blend batting and a solid white backing.  The quilting is all free hand and ruler work.

day4

day7day10

day6

day1

16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous quilt, just gorgeous. The back is just as lovely as the front.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, a beautiful job! The top looked great and now with the quilting it's just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That gorgeous !, I love and winter colors.
    Congratulations .. that last snow;

    greetings :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one is really fabulous - and winter scenery is goureous, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a beautiful quilt! I was just looking at that pattern today during my considerations of what to do with a fat-eighth bundle my daughter gave me for Christmas! It's absolutely gorgeous in these batiks, and I really love your quilting job on it. The combination of some repeating motifs with individual frame and petal motifs is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy: This quilt is gorgeous. The batiks are stunning and the quilting really defines the quilt blocks. Wow! This is one awesome quilt. You will enjoy looking at it after it comes home from it's adventures. How was your Christmas? Did you get out skating or snowshoeing at all?

    ReplyDelete
  7. ООООО!!!! Вона просто дивовижна!!!! Я в захваті!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! I should try and take a road trip up to Swan, I'd love to see this in person!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely quilt! Thank you sew much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Kathy. Wendy will be pleased. So glad you finally got some sun for pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing! I always visit your blog when need inspiration.
    And I miss snow that much!!

    Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete