Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Third Annual Highway 10 Designs Retreat

hr
On the weekend Lori and I hosted our third Highway 10 Designs Retreat at Fabriculous in Swan River, MB.  We always have a great time with this group of ladies from Dauphin and Flin Flon, it is a lot of fun to see the friendships forming between the two groups.  I am kicking myself for not getting a group picture of the 22 ladies in attendance but I did get a few shots of the ladies just before we started Show and Tell.  Sorry the second picture is blurry, you have no idea how much it pains me to post a blurry picture but I wanted you to see all the happy ladies at our gathering!

hra
Here we are in the classroom working hard on our projects.

hr1hr2
We thought this would be a fun addition to the activities after my keen observation from last year of the colourful language some ladies enjoy using!  In case you are wondering we raised $53.25 for the local Crisis Center.

hr6
It is fun to see others working on our Highway 10 patterns and Amy was busy making a gorgeous grey Pedal to the Metal.   You can also see my Four Patch Charm quilt hanging on the design wall in the background. I’m finally writing up a PDF for that quilt pattern to have free on my blog,  now I just need to figure out how to get it on my sidebar of my blog!

hr3
Wendy, the awesome shop owner, was very sweet to us and planned a surprise project and donated all the fabric and supplies.  The patterns was the Retreat Bag 2.0 by Emmeline Bags, you can find the free pattern here.     I helped her kits the projects and we put them in brown paper bags so it was a random draw and then we could pick our own fat quarter from the shop for the lining of the bag, that was really fun for the ladies as they could personalize their bag.  That was very generous of  you Wendy and the ladies really enjoyed the activity, thank you!  Here is the bag I made.  We also made up a Quilters Bingo game and Lori and I gave out prizes for that.
retreat bag
I did actually manage to complete a second project between all the visiting, eating and wine drinking!   This is my batik Tuffet and I picked fabrics from my stash to make it.  I purchased all the supplies from Fabriculous and  used Wendy’s pattern that she wrote for her class that she teaches at the shop.  No special ruler required!  Thanks to Wendy and George for helping me with this project!   It was great to hear that I have the firmest tuffet George ever felt!  LOL!  We had a lot of laughs over this project!

hr5
Fabriculous now displays the cover girl for our new pattern Good Vibrations.  She also has my new City Slicker hanging in the shop as well.

hr7hr8
I thought I would share pictures from our Show and Tell and I picked a few quilts that had been pieced at past or our current retreat.

hr9hr10hr12hr13
So it was a great weekend and I am already trying to think of ways to make the next one even better!  Thanks to Wendy and George for opening up their shop to us and to all the ladies that attended our event!  The surprise gift you gave Lori and I was very unexpected and unnecessary but greatly appreciated. We love putting this event on for everyone!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilts and looks like great times enjoyed by all. LOVE that tuffet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like everyone was having fun! So many beautiful quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like such a fun gathering. Great quilts! Thanks for the eye candy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like it was fun. Love your tuffet. I've got to the Emmaline webpage and made a purchase :)

    ReplyDelete