Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Snowflake Quilt


Robin made this lovely blue Snowflake quilt using a pattern by Modern Handcraft. She adapted the pattern to make the full snowflake and added borders to make it a bed sized quilt.


I quilted it with the Bora Bora pantograph to give the feel of wind blowing all the snowflakes in the prints. Used white So Fine thread and white Quilters Dream 80/20 batting.




Robin brought a beautiful blue Grunge backing.



So I have been playing with my new macro lens which has a good learning curve when it comes to taking pictures in manual mode. Here are a few images I have captured so far in my yard.

Ctenucha Moth



Damselfly


Bees in the Snapdragons. 



Bees in the Lupins



The unwelcomed forest tent Caterpillar but when you get up close the markings are beautiful.


Delphinium


Geranium



7 comments:

  1. Beautiful snowflake quilt! I love that pattern, I've made it twice now and will make another one this year. I think it's going to be my "yearly make" - it's so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that quilt, nice adaptation. Your photo are stunning, I love your posts! Just gorgeous, thanks for sharing these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilt, beautiful photography.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt is absolutely fantastic. Your close up photos of flowers and critters are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Honestly, I don’t know which I like more, the quilt photos or the nature photos. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the blues in the quilt. Beautiful camera shots!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the quilt and all the photos are amazing.

    ReplyDelete